An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion forum site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived.
Forums are an element of social media technologies which take on many different forms including blogs, business networks, enterprise social networks, forums, micro blogs, photo sharing, products/services review, social bookmarking, social gaming, social networks, video sharing and virtual worlds.
List of Free Online Discussion Forum
1. Quora – Quora is a place to gain and share knowledge. It’s a platform to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world. Quora is a question-and-answer site where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.
2. Yahoo Answers – Yahoo! Answers is a community-driven question-and-answer website or a knowledge market from Yahoo!, that allows users to both submit questions to be answered and answer questions asked by other users. Ask the community about anything under the sun, including the sun, and get answers from real people.
3. Digital Point Forums – World’s largest marketing/webmaster community. Includes large collection of tools. It is the internet’s biggest webmaster forum. Thousands of freelancers earn their lives with Digitalpoint forums. There are freelancers, service providers, coders, marketers and people from almost every profession here. It is one of the cheapest possible outsourcing point.
4. Warrior Forum – The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace. Giving you what you need to take your internet and digital marketing to the next level since 1997. Join the community of 1+ million other marketers today.
5. Google Product Forums – Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations. Google has several official help communities for most of its services, such as Gmail, YouTube, Blogger etc. Google help forums are officially called Google Product Forums. These help forums are a community of general users, who enjoy helping each other figure out the best ways to use a product.
6. Mylot – myLot is an enormous discussion board, blogging community, questions and answers hub, social network and online hangout that pays you for your valuable contributions.
7. Webhostingtalk – Web Hosting Talk. WHT is the largest, most influential web and cloud hosting community on the Internet. It is your main source for discussions and breaking news on all aspects of web hosting including managed hosting, dedicated servers and VPS hosting.
8. Stack Overflow – Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their programming knowledge, and build their careers. It was created to be a more open alternative to earlier question and answer sites such as Experts-Exchange.
9. Answers – Answers.com is an Internet-based knowledge exchange, which includes Wiki Answers, Reference Answers, Video Answers, and five international language Q&A communities. It is the place to go to get the answers you need and to ask the questions you want.
These are the most popular online discussion forum websites around the world. you can find more discussion forums and message boards by search in google.